Friday, January 9, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS.


1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?
The term ethics covers the part of philosophy which deals with morals and right and wrong choices in a persons life.


2. What are some of your deepest held values?
Some of my deepest values have been to not to lie, to not steal, and other integrity driven morals.


3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
I try to stay positive and also try not to look down on others.


4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
I tend to gravitate to people who share the same moral qualities that I have. People who can tell right from wrong and who can steer their moral compass in the right direction are what I look for to fill my life.


5. How were your values and principles developed?
My parents have imposed some of these values on me throughout my life and some I have picked up on my own. Morals are woven into almost everything a kid comes in contact with so I had to pick mine up somehow.


6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
I think that for the most part the values I was taught have stayed with me but I'm not quite sure if they've changed. If they have changed then I believe they have become stronger.


7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
24.999.I believe that I've answered all the questions, but since these questions don't have definite answers I've left room for error.

No comments:

Post a Comment